R & D
DECIBEL's research and development department
DECIBEL's research and development department is led by PhD eng. Tsvetan Nedkov, who wrote a Ph.D. thesis on "Research and Development of methods and algorithms for calculating the transmission loss of partitions for concert halls and recording studios". In the development of new products, DECIBEL has successfully collaborated with the Department of Physics at the University of Architecture, Civil Engineering, and Geodesy, the Department of Radio and Telecommunications at the Technical University of Sofia, and the Polymer Engineering Department at the University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, Sofia.
- MUTE SYSTEM composite system with published results at the international scientific conference ICEST 2014
- Designing and manufacturing of a reduced silencer chamber for testing samples in a physics laboratory at UACEG, reported at a scientific conference at UACEG, 2014
- Development of industrial chevron silencers published in IJETCAS International Journal 2015
- Multilayer composite soundproofing panels for walls, published on CEMA 2015
- Modelling of acoustic systems with "finite element method" with published results at ICEST 2016 international conference
- Experimental and numerical study of the influence of elastic porous material on coincidence frequency of a composite wall structure, science article for Bulgarian Academy of Science (BAS)
- Influence of hardness and damping factor of porous material upon generated drum sound from the impact of a metal disk and metal plate, presented at International conference – IcETRAN, 2017
- Development and realisation of multilayered thin sound reduction panel for existing walls, presented at International conference – IcETRAN, 2017
- Model of simplified calculation of characterises of sound insulation with a composite slab in situations of impact noise, published in IJETCAS International Journal 2018
From R&D to production
The following products have been successfully implemented into production:
- Soundproofing systems for walls: MUTE SYSTEM 20, MUTE SYSTEM 30, MUTE SYSTEM35, MUTE SYSTEM 23, MUTE SYSTEM 33, MUTE SYSTEM 63
- Soundproofing systems for ceilings: C-MUTE SYSTEM, C-MUTE SYSTEM 23, C-MUTE SYSTEM 33, C-MUTE SYSTEM 63
- Soundproofing system for floors: F-MUTE SYSTEM
- Industrial chevron louvre silencers - DECIBEL АL, DECIBEL LW
- Perforated acoustic panels - ACER, CIRCULO, WAVO, DOMINO
INTRODUCING THE WORLD'S FIRST 100%, NON-FLAMMABLE & BIODEGRADABLE HEAT & SOUND INSULATION MATERIAL
"June 2nd, Sofia - PR - Bulgarian company DECIBEL have received the long-awaited news that their patent application for (what is believed to be) the most durable insulation material so far to be invented was accepted after 3 years of experiments, research, tests and preparation for patent entry.
The approved patent papers acknowledge that this revolutionary new sheet, made of 100% environmentally friendly raw materials is 100% biodegradable. It is known to enrich the soil once discarded.
This innovative new product provides excellent sound insulation and sound absorption making it an excellent product to prevent noise transmission through walls, as well as improving reverberation within a room. It comes in the form of a rigid panel that has natural characteristics of high air and vapour permeability and has fungicidal properties.
Its thermal insulation properties are comparable to those of Styrofoam, its sound insulation properties are comparable with Mineral Wool or Acoustic foam, its vapour permeability is similar to mineral wool but it is not hygroscopic (unlike most insulation materials) and it is extremely difficult to break, making it an ideal construction material. The product is non-flammable with class A - reaction on fire, making it a perfect material for contemporary construction needs.
DECIBEL has advised that this innovative product can be glued to external and internal surfaces (walls & ceilings) and can be laid on top of under-floor thermal insulation. Customers can choose to buy this material as self-coloured – it is suitable to use as a sub-base for plaster, alternatively it can be supplied painted to any RAL colour of the customers’ choosing, allowing it to be used as a finished surface. Decibel has explained that this product can be glued to the exterior and interior surfaces (walls, ceilings and directly to under-floor insulation materials.
The company is currently keeping some details of this innovative product confidential: Product brand name; Size of sheets; Pricing. But confirms that samples are currently being evaluated by building regulators in Germany and Austria.
So far, the company has not disclosed the composition of this new invention other than advising that most of the elements are sourced from Europe and are 100% renewable.
Production is already underway within the DECIBEL factory in Botevgrad, Bulgaria but the company mentioned that a new factory is to be built, especially for their new invention.
DECIBEL is currently fulfilling a test order of 500 m2 to be used as a heat, noise and vapour barrier in a private car park in Vienna.
And interest in the product and the company has been expressed by several investment funds in the United States, Germany and Bulgaria.
DECIBEL has promised to provide more information about the worldwide premiere and launch of this new innovative material, after which it will be immediately available on the market."